Tuesday, March 10, 2020


If you have read "Scruffy"s Story" you know that Scruffy & Pals originated from marking my golf ball. My idea behind Scruffy & Pals is that people will read and get to know each pal and relate to one or two of them.  In time I would start producing their images on balls, towels, hats, and other golf stuff in hopes that folks would want to spend some of their money on them.

I did some research and found a company in Ohio that would produce my original drawings digitally on balls.  I was excited and worked out a deal with them that they would produce Scruffy, Hoss' and Knothead.  But there was a catch.  They required me to buy a minimum of 1,000 balls for each character.  In other words, I had to buy 3,000 (no name) balls!  I agreed and in a few weeks I receive the balls and I was well pleased even though my bank account was still feeling the pain.

Recently I saw Golfdotz.  They are a family-owned business that had this crazy idea of producing easy to apply identity for golf balls.  They introduced the idea at the 2008 PGA Golf show in Orlando, FL. And it was well-received and so they were off and running. 

After seeing and reading about Golfdotz, I wondered if they could/would make their Golfdotz using the characters of Scruffy & Pals.  At the time of this writing, I have contacted them and the discussion is ongoing.

Check out Golfdotz

No comments:

Post a Comment